Why Learn Spanish?
It is clear that attaining proficiency in a significant world language greatly improves a one’s ability to cooperate and communicate with a whole new group of people. This can open up new personal, professional and significant opportunities. As the world becomes increasingly connected, those who are able to work alongside people from different cultures are at a clear advantage. Spanish has emerged as one of the most important languages on the global stage. Here are some interesting facts about the Spanish language:
- “There are 450 Million Spanish Speakers worldwide and the percentage of the world that speaks Spanish is increasing while Chinese and English speakers are decreasing.
- Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world
- Spanish is the second largest language for international communication
- By 2050, the United States will have the largest Spanish-speaking population in the world
- By 2030, 7.5 percent of the world population (535 million people) will speak Spanish. This percentage is significantly higher than Russian (2.2 percent), French (1.4 percent), and German (1.2 percent).
- Spanish is the third most used language on the internet.
- Economics and Spanish:
- Hispanic companies grew 31 percent between 1997 and 2002 compared to the average 10 percent of North American companies.
- Sharing Spanish as a common language increases bilateral trade between Spanish-speaking counties by 290 percent.”“The World as We Speak.” Journal of Communication & Education -Language July 2010: 15 (used with permission) http://www.languagemagazine.com
Start learning Spanish today! You’ll be richly rewarded for your investment with greater opportunities for business and friendship!