Start teaching Spanish in 3 easy steps...
Sign-up for your free account.
Instant access with just your email address. No credit card required.
Join in the stories, music, and play.
We’ve created a step-by-step program for your family to follow on your own schedule.
Listen to your kids speaking Spanish
Homeschool families will learn and retain Spanish for life in a safe, low-stress environment.
Learning Spanish is a lifelong journey.
If only there was a map. And a tour guide to lead the way for your homeschool!
Enter Calico Spanish!
- We provide the step-by-step pathway so your kids truly learn to speak real Spanish.
- We prepare kids to talk to real people … in real life … in Spanish.
- With Calico Spanish, kids will remember and be ready to use what they learn.
Try a free lesson and hear kids speaking Spanish. Immediately. For Life.
Make learning fun
The Calico Spanish characters engage children in the ways they learn best; stories, songs, and play.
Lesson vocabularly is introduced in small chunks throughout the lessons, so it’s easy to remember.
Our videos show the characters speaking Spanish, encouraging young learners to try the phrases out, too!
An easy to follow curriculum with daily goals that allow you to track progress.
Put it into practice
We encourage children to use real Spanish with activities and games!
They'll love to sing it...
...and love to speak it! Our Music Videos work alongside the lessons to help aid comprehension.
Our Culture Capsules introduce children to the Spanish-speaking cultures.
Work through the daily lesson plans with all the material at the click of a mouse, whenever you need it.
Start learning immediately with Calico Spanish
and have Spanish skills for life.
Or use a product that teaches vocabulary words instead of real language skills and never speak Spanish.
Which path will you choose?
Try a free lesson and hear your kids speaking Spanish.
Immediately. For Life.
What will your children learn with Stories Online?
The levels of Stories Online cover a range of topics.
Click through the tabs below to view the learning goals of each of the levels in Stories Online.
By the end of Level A, your children will be able to complete the following tasks in Spanish:
- I can describe something as blue or yellow.
- I can identify a monkey or a fish.
- I can identify the number of objects in a group up to three.
- I can begin to identify the days of the week.
- I can describe the size of something as big or small.
- I can greet someone, answer basic questions, and give information about myself, including:
- my name
- my age
- how I am doing
- what I am like
- what I like to do
By the end of Level B, in addition to everything they learned in Level A, your children will be able to complete the following tasks in Spanish:
- I can begin to talk about the months of the year.
- I can describe the color of something as brown, black, or white.
- I can talk about the number of objects in a group, up to six.
- I can identify a dog, cat, or rabbit.
- I can tell someone, “I love you.”
- I can ask and answer the question “How many?”
- I can ask simple questions to discover what people like.
- I can talk about my pets.
- I can react to something I think is cool.
- I can answer basic questions and give information about my family, including:
- family words
- what people are like
- what others like to do
By the end of Level C, in addition to everything they learned in Level A and Level B, your children will be able to complete the following tasks in Spanish:
- I can welcome someone to my house.
- I can describe the color of something green, gray, or red.
- I can identify a frog or a mouse.
- I can politely ask for something to eat or drink.
- I can talk about whether I want or need something.
- I can say that I’m hungry or thirsty.
- I can mention some foods and drinks I like or don’t like.
- I can talk about how I feel.
- I can mention something someone has to do.
- I can say whether I want or don’t want to do something.
- I can mention some things that people do during the day.
- I can categorize something as a person, place, or thing.
- I can answer questions and give information about my home and routine, including:
- making references to time (what time of day it is, what time it is, at what time I do something, that it is time to do something)
- describing what my house is like
- talking about some foods and drinks I like or don’t like
- telling how I feel
- expressing that I need, want, or have to do something related to my daily activities
- talking about my daily activities
- describing where an object is located
About Calico Spanish
Kids are natural language learners, but they need appropriate lessons designed specifically to engage young learners, hold their interest, and truly teach them Spanish. At Calico Spanish, we design everything for children to learn Spanish starting immediately and retain their Spanish skills for life.
Stories and music have been the means of learning for millennia. Why not use those same amazingly effective tools in the modern day? Have fun with our stories and music and learn Spanish at the same time.
Easy lessons. Daily, bite-sized Spanish learning. So fun. So effective. And most of all, so very exciting when you hear kids speaking Spanish.