Committed to responsive quality
If you could see us work behind the scenes here at Calico Spanish, you’d go away knowing two things for sure. First, we are truly interested in your feedback. Second, we are always working to make higher quality products that truly help children speak real Spanish to real people.
So: ¿De qué color es?
Because of a language issue in one of our songs, we’ve redone both the song and the video. The new song is ¿De qué color es la fresa? It’s the perfect complement to our most popular song, Colores, colores, because children can start there by saying what color they like and move to this song in order to ask and answer questions about what color something is.
Working with this song
How can you use this song to support your lessons on talking about colors? Here are some of our tips.
- Categorize the objects in the song as la words, el words, las words, and los words. (These are the terms we use in my classroom instead of the grammatical labels masculine and feminine, which I’ve found distract learners.
- Show how many of the color words match the object words.
- Use verde to describe all of the objects to highlight how this color word does not need to change.
- Identify things in the room that children know the word for in Spanish. Switch out our word for that word. Use the same tune to sing the question and answer with children.
- Make this question/answer your password for a day de vez en cuando.
And the song?
Let us know what you think!