Basics Video Playlist: Organize your elementary Spanish class with TL music!
Elementary Spanish teachers, how is your school year going? You’re a quarter of the way through! As you move through this semester with your early Spanish learners, we wanted to help you help them with our YouTube Basics Playlist. This is something we’ve put together to help you organize your class around target-language music. This type of organization helps you all stay in the target language and is a routine that fits perfectly with the way children approach learning.
On our YouTube channel, we offer dozens and dozens of great songs, dialogue videos, poems, and more. How can you know you’re finding the best fit for what you need? To help you out, we’ve compiled this basics playlist. It contains our most helpful videos to organize class:
- Hola a todos: A peppy greeting song that will start your class off on the right foot – en español.
- El alfabeto: Our fun alphabet song, updated to include the RAE’s 2010 changes to the Spanish alphabet. (For more information on the changes, see this post.)
- ¡Cuenten conmigo!: Help children count to ten with our counting song.
- ¿Cuántos años tienes?: As far as questions go, the basics, the ones that children hear the most, are probably “how are you?” and this one- how old are you. Help them understand and answer this question with our musical dialogue.
- Meses del año: Right from the start, you’ll want to start identifying the date. This song helps children begin to learn the months of the year.
- A limpiar: Who doesn’t need a clean-up song? At school or at home, use this tune to wrap up class with some much-needed clean-up time!
Here’s a peek at that clean-up song:
It’s been a great start to the school year. Let’s keep it up, everyone!