Repost: (FREE) Mother’s Day printable for children in Spanish class
In honor of the approach of Mother’s Day, the moms of Calico Spanish would like to remind you about our free printable. It’s a fun and easy way to give kids the opportunities to sing their mom’s praise in Spanish. Enjoy!
Happy Mother’s Day!
We recently saw an adorable Mother’s Day “My mom and I” printable activity in English. We love these activities and thought it was such a great idea we’d do something similar in Spanish. In ours, we’ve featured some of our Stories Online characters with their moms and grandmothers. Here at Calico Spanish, we are moms and love to honor mothers and all they do, in everything from our content to our support for homeschool families to the way we package and distribute our materials.
What mothers are in our Stories?
In the Stories Online program, here are some of the mamás and abuelas children will meet:
- At the beginning of Level B, “I Love My Family,” we meet Alicia, la mamá de Pepe, el perro café. It’s Pepe’s birthday and she has a gift for him, a new collar in his favorite color, negro. He tells her, “¡Te amo, Mami!“
- Later in Level B, we meet Camilo el conejo blanco in the park and he’s with his abuelo and abuela. His abuela helps him understand that he’s especial because even though he isn’t athletic and doesn’t like to play soccer like Pepe and Goyo el gato negro, he’s who he was meant to be: he’s good at jumping, he loves to read, and he likes to play hide-and-seek.
- At the end of Level B, in the lesson on pets, María la mona amarilla wants to tell her friends all about her abuela‘s new pet, a pájaro azul named Perico.
- In Level C, “I Live Here,” we’re invited into the home of Rita la rana verde and her family. In their multigenerational home, Rita’s abuela lives with them. Rita ends her busy day with her abuela helping her find her favorite storybook and reading it with her until she falls asleep. “Buenas noches, nena. Sueña con los angelitos,” her abuela tells her.
Kids can meet all of these characters and their friends and family right now, because your first seven days of learning are absolutely free, with no restrictions. It’s ideal for children ages 5-9 in any learning context, including preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and homeschool situations.
Where’s the activity?
Here we offer you a PDF download of the printable in a version for mamás and a version for abuelas. It asks children to tell us about their mamás and abuelas:
- My mom/grandma is named _________.
- My mom/grandma is ___________ and ___________. (Example: tall and smart)
- With my mom/grandma, I like to ______________.
- I love my mom/grandma because _________________.
Ready for your free download? Just click one of the images for your PDF.
And happy Mother’s Day from the moms of Calico Spanish!